For a comprehensive free daily email newsletter covering the latest publishing industry news, gossip, and publishing deals, subscribe to Publisher’s Lunch.
To sign up for Publisher’s Lunch, go to the Publishers’ Marketplace Web site and complete a subscription form.
You’ve finished your book– now what?
The following articles provide tips on looking like a professional when you send your work out to publishers.
- How To Write a Synopsis by Rebecca Sinclair
- Dos and Don’ts: How to Write the Perfect Query Letter by Gail Eastwood
- Perfect Your Pitch by Carol Lynn Stewart
Publishers and Agents Online
Wondering where to send the book of your heart? The following sites offer information about reputable publishers and agents on the Web. Before putting your manuscript in a box and schlepping it down to the Post Office, it’s a good idea to check out the submission guidelines included on most of these Web pages.
- Preditors and Editors Web site for information on who’s reputable and who’s not.
- Romance Publishers listed at Romance Writers of America
- Literary Agents listed at the Association of Author’s Representatives site
Self-Promotion for Authors
You’ve sold your book– now what? Here are some tips on successfully promoting yourself and your book, from an SFA workshop given by bestselling author Pamela Britton.
- Promotion Checklist: From “The Call” to the Bookstore by Pamela Britton